Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Josh Groban


Josh Groban is meant to be incredible live, that's all I've ever heard. So, my expectations were unrealistically high.

Good thing Josh Groban is unrealistically talented to match! His voice was perfect. Every bit as emotional and strong as in his studio albums, oozing control. And, in-between songs he was confident and entertaining.

The producers of the show clearly knew that all they needed to showcase was Josh's voice. For all the right reasons, there was no flying set, no tricks or gimmicks, just the singer and his musicians.

Personal favourite moment was Oceano... actually all his Italian songs!

And I do have to admit I welled up a bit during You Raise Me Up, in memory of my cousin Wayne. Hearing that song always takes me right back to the moment that I and the other pallbearers carried him into the church. Hearing it live amplified that feeling even more.

Breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment