Friday, December 23, 2011

An Antipodean Christmas

It's my first Christmas on the other side of the world. It doesn't feel much like Christmas because it's so cold! I think I'd be able to wrap my head around it if it was snowing... but unfortunately it's more wet, cold and rainy in London this December.

I've learned how expensive postage to New Zealand is. And how much longer it takes when you have to wrap everything four times to keep it from getting damaged in the post!


I spent a whole day on my family's presents. I've been collecting small keepsakes all year, and finally put everything together in two big quirky biscuit tins with an assortment of UK treats. It was so much fun!

I'm getting up at 4:30am tomorrow morning before we leave for Salzburg so we can Skype and unwrap everything together. I'm not sure how long I'll be over here for... but who knows, it could be the start of a tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment